Sunday, August 17, 2008

What do you do with a bored minion?

I had found a very happy place in my roleplay and my character now. I had started to let go, both of the pain I was feeling and clinging to being "me" and not a character. I found I could still be Katlin and myself, but have more fun with it and not let the RP effect me as much. Without the stress of having a character RP forced on me, I was a lot more comfortable...and partly pleased with myself how many people were mislead by my human looks...everyone simply assuming that if you are human you are good.

This is hardly true, in many fantasy based cultures, humans were given the right to choose, where as Elves are deemed always Light, and Drow are deemed always Dark....a human could pick any path...freewill.

The Drow I walked among hardly batted a lash as I continued to serve Stormy and Chance, it was usually the newer minions that arrived that questioned me. But as now a proven and loyal minion, and one of only 3 Dark Sages, I held a lot of respect, all of which, I hope and tried hard to earn and keep.

In Everwinds history there have only been a handful of Dark Humans. Samo was most the most notable, from day one of Everwind's opening he came and swore himself to the Drow, and on the day it closed he was still there. Seat would venture into darkness a few times, torn by either a curse or oath, he could always spin a wonderful character to play off of. I recall only one other human, Crom, but rarely active. And then there was me....*smiles*.

And you would think the Realm would have to fear Drow, but they knew what they looked like and could see them coming. Dark Humans, unless you knew, you wouldn't know what hit you till it was too late.

I think a returning point for me came not long after, Samo and I were killing time in the Cathedral. The Realm was quite, and we were getting bored, it was just one of those few nights that Everwind was quiet and RP dried up. Depending on which of us talks about that night, will blame the other *grins* that the events to follow was never their idea, and that they were only the one following.

Samo taught me a great deal of understanding to being a dark human, a minion, and also focusing on keeping true to the roleplay. That night we rode together to the main village and hitched our horses to a tree, gathered our weapons and crawled up the steep side of the hill leading to the Human Castle. In what would be an epic RP for us, we would fill the night...almost 3 full hours of struggling around the outer rim of the castle, hiding from patrolling Knights, and slipping quietly inside the castle.


Getting in was half the trouble. Rath had seen to putting doors at the throne room balconies, and we did not realise this till we were already on the back side of the castle. 2 hours of roleplaying finally goes us around pillars, down to different levels of ledges and to an open balcony....tut tut Rath, you forgot one *grins*.

We slipped inside, did the usually minion mischief...sat on the King and Queen's thrones, left a picture of Apos in front of them. We could have done worse, we could have lit the castle on fire, but we had gone into this expecting to be captured and we had come so far....I was scared of my mind, but I didn't care, I was having the time of my life.

Leaving didn't take us nearly as long, but Samo kept the RP in check, we grappled our way down the side of the castle and made for our horse, spurring them towards the Dark Valley and to safety! We made it!

We presented our task to Stormy, who was rather happy with what we had done. Grace was rolling her eyes at us OOC for something original *shrugs*....and Rath...a few days later her got around to returning the picture of Apos to me, then was sure to add doors to the balcony we had climbed through.

*holds her finger to her lips in a secretive smile* Even with passwords to open doors and get inside, there is always an RP way to break into a castle *winks*.

I am going to dedicate this entry to King Samo and Queen Katlin.....hehe...even if it was just for 5 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe... who hasn't got a picture of themselves on those chairs? Of course, I was innocent and didn't realise they were for real people!