Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's War!

Tension had been growing for months now, and you could feel it in the air, you could taste it....it was that intense!

It's hard to say where it started, but a good place to start on the side of Dark was the anger over The Jar of Justice, that both IC and OOC had ticked a lot of people off, especially those that had been subjected to it. It has started with a raid, which ended up with 4 minions captured and dragged away. What happened, I am not sure of, it was one of the few raids that was actually led by the Light, but those captured were brought back to the main village and placed inside this huge Jar in the middle of the village. At one time I had a picture of it, but I was disgusted with what it stood for and sent it to the trash....POOF! There was a plaque on it, stating that anyone charged with treason would be placed within, they were also "changed" into a fairy for the duration of their punishment.

I was baffled and furious that anyone but our King and Queen could charge a minion with treason...of course we would be against the Light...then should they not throw everyone in there cause everyone would be betraying one side or another but the rare few that could and did remain neutral?

After that our King and Queen gave us orders that no one entered the Valley was safe from our hands, we were ordered to capture all trespassers and freely offered to do with as we wished. Many were captured, most tortured, few killed to leave a message to those of the Light.

Our King and Queen launched a number of mass attacks on the Light, one even included a wonderful plan to attack by all means, by land, by sea, by air....it was wonderful, save for a little OOC slip that tipped off the Light. They "knew" we were coming and massed for the attack, Stormy's Trojan Horse stood in the main village waiting for them to accept it, the air balloon hovered over the Elven Village and a war ship neared the Fae Glade, all ready for the attack. But the OOC slip brought it all crashing down...no one would accept the Trojan Horse and our King and Queen finally turned us into one mass to fight, no longer divided we headed to the Elven Village and stormed over the walls.

It was a wonderful battle, the lag so heavy even running made you stand still and maybe your hit would land 5 minutes later if the meter even read it. Before the battle we had prepared ourselves, knocking off as many attached items as we could, reduced our settings to next to nothing, just enough for us to see what and who we were fighting. We were able to fight through the lag, at one time I was up against Dream with her "Hero" meter and she was furious cause she couldn't get to me but I reduced her meter to the red. At this time I was human, and this caused a lot of confusion, I got a number of IMs from people asking what side I was on cause I was being relentless in attacking them. Even with the lag people started to fall and after hours of battle Stormy and Chance called a retreat. It wasn't till the numbers started to thin and the lag slowly lifted that my meter finally dipped below green.

I should have mentioned that as a human and a ranger I had 2 healing powers (Charm- Human, Self Heal-Ranger) and 3 attack features on the rest of my Ranger HUD, between that and fighting with a very low lag, low scripted sword I was just sitting pretty for this battle and most that followed. At the end, Dream demanded that I leave the battle cause my meter was broken. Even as Chance shouted us to retreat I stayed to take out one more opponent...I had Mulder down to the orange and we had been facing off for most of the battle, I wanted to take him out before I left. One of Mulder's hits struck through then just as Dream IMed me and I was nice enough and lag permitting to copy and paste it for it to show that my meter was working and kept fighting. Mulder was down moments later and with Ajin at my back we hurried out of the Elven Village and to safety.

As each side licked its wounds and us Minions sat and grinned and rewarded ourselves with a battle well fought and no looses, (we had been given orders not to kill before the whole battle started) there was no more doubt left for any side...we were at WAR!

No comments: