Friday, August 8, 2008

It's Good To Be Drow!


Don't ask me how I got here, I can't remember. This is me, a Drow, sitting on the Human Queen's throne....*snickers*. It was something I think all minions did sooner or later, like a right of passage.

*****

Let me introduce Divine. The first time I met her, Park and I were wandering near the new Dark Valley. At the time, I was still Human, she was still Elf. We spotted a figure that didn't seem to belong down there, pale skinned and alone. I wasn't too thrilled with the idea, but following my sister we quickly made our way down into the valley and searched her out. We only talked to her for a moment and we both knew that something was wrong, our best guess was she was being brain washed of sorts. She refused to leave and in a moment of what seemed between sanity and madness she bid us to leave and quickly, before it was too late.

The next time I would see Divine she would be a Drow, and I would slowly get a larger taste of how good of a roleplay she is. When it came time for my turning, Parked helped me start it off, Divine helped me finish it.

The most amazing thing I realized on the other side, was it was right what they say. Baddies are just good people playing Baddies. I met some amazing people that IC I would not have gotten close to if it had not been for my turning. Besides seeing the true side to Stormy and Chance, I met others that change me. Jiji and Stix were an amazing couple...Xeno, Geroff, Kar, Divine, Kyr, Samo...just a few of the names of people I got closer to and got to see them beyond the characters they put in front of themselves. I counted them as much better roleplayers then myself.

Despite all the heartache of being a Drow, we had some good times. And amazing how much fun being bad can be, and what happens when one is bored.

*****

So what is it, that Drow and Minions alike do when they are bored? Go raid the Elve's Land...go pick up a few faeries to torture, or sacrifice a few lost humans? Nope....we dance!

It started in our own Dark Cathedral, I happened upon Divine and Ajin and a few others dancing. The Orc Chieftain just standing back and enjoying the view.


No, I am not in this picture, by this time I was Sage, and I wasn't about to just go join in a dance, but they were having fun so I gave them what I could so they could carry on...I pulled out my flute and gave them something to dance to. Now we were having way too much fun, and we couldn't possibly just keep it to ourselves.

At this time the Realm was busy at the main tavern having a nice OOC chat about this or that, so we thought it would be nice to take our dance to the village, waiting for everyone to come back IC. The moment the meeting broke up, I put my flute to my lips, Drow and Minions alike clicked Divine's chimera and we never looked back.


*~* PROOF *~*

Even though some of us wore weapons, we didn't have meters on. We seriously only went to have fun. Some people came and laughed at us, others with us. Some thought my flute was haunting, and others wanted to join in with it. Then there was Slip, Human King, he walked up and without a second word drew his bow and commanded his Knights and Royal Rangers to do the same. People were torn, even those that followed his orders. It was a good day to be a Drow, even at the end of the King's bow and all the men and women sworn to him.

Under threats of being fired upon, I stopped my flute and the those dancing stopped. We took ourselves slowly from the village, and the Faeries called to us to take our dance and celebration to the Glade. It was wonder, those that followed and joined us then. Those that only moments before had had their weapons ordered drawn and pointed at us.

It was one of those day, one of those few rare days, that for me, it felt good to be a Drow.

No comments: