Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lost

Frodo: You're late.

Gandalf: A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

As for a Ranger, we would never admit to being lost in the woods, we are always where we want to be. I admit I get lots in castle more often then not, the twist and turns of corridors and stairs are just mind boggling...almost as bad as an IKEA, but at least they give you arrows to follow your way out.

I have made a great deal of mistakes in my time, and hopefully learned from them for the better. There was a time that I was lost, I veered off my path so badly I didn't think there was a way of coming back from it all.

The sad day I left the Ranger Guild is one I will never forget, it was the longest and saddest month of my time in Everwind as I watched my family RP and hunt and be without me. As if a Guild was a right to speak to your friends. Not only that I was buried about my eyes in paperwork. It was the first real time I had taken on the hard duties of a guild, but a guild I had no passion in. I have never claimed to be a warrior, far from it. I know how to fight, and I will if its called for, but I have rarely ever had reason to draw a weapon. But when it has come down to either me fighting by want or need or outright orders I gave it my all.

I watched as two plots spun their weave in the Realm and I sat and wrote, not able to take a moment to join those in having fun. So it was for a good cause, people look to guilds to create things for them, challenge them, guide them, be something more for them. I actually have nothing left, not even the few pictures I took to mark my path in the Warriors, trying hard to wipe that mistake from my memory, but in the long run, I looked back and learned that my mistake proved to me that I was and always will be a Ranger at Heart.

I think the day that it really struck home was during one of the smaller of the two plots, it seemed that most everyone had forgotten about the pictures that had been stolen from the Castle, everyone had been swept away to look for the the Dark Queen Stormy's necklace. A brilliant ranger and friend Arthur Ripley had not forgot, let alone, he found them! He told me later that the first thing he wanted to do was run to his Lt and tell her the news, but I was no longer in the guild or his Lt. I remember getting the whisper in IM as I sat not that far away in the Warrior's Guild Hall with half a dozen notecards filling my screen, and all I wanted to do was go and be apart of it. I felt very trapped and lost right then.

But that was enough of a kick in the butt to get my mind going, I wasn't happy, and in the long run, that is why we keep coming back.

I took my thoughts to Jacko and my heart was thrilled that he would have me back, though there was a chance I might not get my title back as Lt., I was sad over this, but I would be a Ranger again and with those I thought of as my family. Being able to wear my Ranger tag again was the best day for me yet in Everwind. First thing I did was journey to Vexxus' Tooth and take a picture, this Ranger had returned! ((Points down a few blogs to Everyone has to start someplace...))

Once a Ranger,
Always a Ranger!

No comments: