Thursday, June 12, 2008

First Meets

I have a way of remembering some things in great detail, and others, seem to be completely wiped from my mind. I have images of those I first met in Everwind, as I finally removed the Visitor tag and wore my Ranger Recruit proudly.

First person I met or at least have a solid image of is Rath. This imposing figure on his large horse, loaded with shining armor and weapons. He stood there silently, I remember him making one remark before moving on, but it was an image of authority and great respect I still have for him today.

Jacko was this bounding figure, a complete blur and seemed only in a hurry. A strange meet for the man that was suppose to be my Guild Master. I hadn't worn my recruit tag for two minutes before being pulling into a sword tournament that I ended up taking, beating him 2-1. I think he went easy on me, it was a very close match. Afterwards he took me to spend my winnings, and bought my first bow, one that I still carry this day, the Marksman.

Ryou was standing near what would be the Mage Tower, above the path leading to the forest. She had alot of fear in her, as it was a time when we had to protect the Magic and the Drow were out hunting for the other books that had been found. She then doubted her path as a Ranger and the next time I would see her she would have moved on to join the Mages.

First time I met Kelly, before she took me on my walk around the realm, was at a sudden call for help. Raiders in the Forest had weapons drawn and blocking the path through the forest. I ran as fast as I could and even beat her to the trouble. She stood back and watched, and was impressed on how I talked the raiders into sheathing their weapons and leaving without anyone getting hurt. Who would have known this would lead to a promotion?

Seat, earned a double take. As this strange red creature, okay, Minotaur, moved up beside me and started talking as if there was nothing wrong with how I might take this all in. He turned out to be quite the flirt, made me smile, and had a passion behind his character that I would deeply enjoy playing against. Through all the ups and downs in rp and sl we went through, we continue to share one of the best friendships I have found.

Hobbit and Arthur *smiles* it has been a treasure to know these cousins. I got to know him more after coming down from the Arena, he disappeared into a bush then poof...okay, bad OOC, but he comes out, short fluffy fur feet, and a mug of mead in hand. He made me smile then as he always has. Arthur was a sad and happy meet, to learn that Hobbit had left Everwind and he would be taking his place. I can't complain, seeing either one was always reason to smile, always easy to speak to and wonderful friends.

Samo was something completely different. I have told him a number of times our first meeting he scared me half to death! My first real RP and combat in Everwind, I lead a mage and squire down into the Underworld to rescue Ox. He had gone down to rescue Maya and somehow ended up in her place. Maya ran for help upon escaping and led us to the Underworld, and this would be my introduction to her. Little did I know I was about to face one of the best bows in Gor, he ended up taking all three of us out, but with his attention on the mage I freed Ox, and we all ran for it! I held a great deal of fear for him long afterwards, not to mention respect for his bow. So much has changed since then *smiles*.

Since I am sticking to mostly Rangers, I can't leave out Park. I new her long before I met her, Jacko spoke of her often, when I first met her, I was expecting a guy, she turned out to be a wonderful Elf. We ended up on guard duty at Raistin's trail, and as I was called to stand outside a glitch in my sword, (one of those first masher scripts that are never meant to be sheathed, but they make invisible) in my rush to leave and obey I ended up hitting her! Oops....amazing the damage an invisible sword can do. I went from bashing her to being her sister in RP and in the friendship we would share long after it fell.

I have a feeling I will have to come back to more of these....there are so many firsts!

Enjoy, and if you remember differently, let me know....this isn't necessarily the first time we met, its the first solid image I have of each of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember that specific meeting, but coming out of a bush with a mug of beer in my hand certainly sounds like someone I know! :-)

Anonymous said...

Arthur asked me to post a message - he says that you were great at showing new rangers round all the secret paths of the realm. Such a supportive ranger. It helped him feel at home and you were always a friend that he could talk to when he felt trapped in light vs dark situations and he wanted to keep himself neutral.

Katlin said...

Katlin remembers a time when she strayed from the rangers, and Arthur was wonderful at finding the stolen paintings from the castle. I remember he wanted so much to come to her and tell her. She was very happy to return to the guild and feel so welcomed back, the rangers were her real family.