Wednesday, September 3, 2008

DO-OVER!

Ever as a child did you play a game with your parents, snakes and ladders and keep rolling the dice and landing on the snake, or getting nothing but 1s or bad cards? Your parents would smile and hand the dice to you again, letting you take another shot. Oh it was great, it was like wiping the slate clean and starting over, but still taking everything with you.

Now in RP, it's not so easy to just forget things that happened. Many times RP has been voided, battles or fights go bad and then a GM comes along and you have to pretend that 3 hours of your time have just gone "poof". So what happens when your character comes to a wall, and you want to take five steps back and go down another path? Well, you can't really do that, but nice thing about RP is if you are good, if you were Mage you could just blow the wall away, but if you are a Ranger, throw over a grapple hook and up you go!

Okay, its not that simple, but you get the idea, if you are creative enough, in RP, just about anything is possible if you are willing to do it.

Now, Stormy and Chance had only been gone for about 2 days, Raenn sat on the thrown and I was torn. She along with the minions wanted me to stay, but it just wasn't the same without Stormy and Chance there. I finally decided that this was it, that my time had come and I was going to throw that grapple hook over the wall and find my next path. So how does one just leave the Dark Realm, not to mention step down as a Dark Sage? Well...it's easy really, just depends on if you would enjoy it or not.

I get it in my head that this is it, and portal into Everwind, just as I land I get a notice from the Ranger's Guild. Park has stepped down and left, no longer Ranger Second or even a member of Everwind. And just who do I bump into as I head towards the path to the Dark Valley but our fearless leader Jacko *grins*. Needless to say, I am up for promotion, Park gone, my long time rank of Lt is about to take me higher...wooohooo! Well, a sad moment, hurt that Park is gone, but thrilled to be Second, and oh wait...there was a reason I went to Everwind in the first place...right....back to the story.


WARNING THE FOLLOWING IS ROLEPLAY, NOT REAL, EVERYTHING DONE WAS CONSENTED TO, COULD BE GRAPHIC!!!

Log of Nov 11 '07 - Scene set in the Dark Cathedral, the new Dark Queen on her thrown, and top loyal minions surround her. Enter Katlin, Dark Sage Ranger.

Stix: Vedui' Katlin

Raenn: Vedui Kaitlin

Katlin walks into the Cathedral and looks at the Dark Queen long and hard

Raenn lifts a brow "Something to say Kaitlin"

Katlin shakes her head and slips off her Sage band from her arm and throws it to the ground at the Dark Queen's feet

Stix eyes katlin

Raenn looks astounded she leaves the band on the ground

Katlin: My oaths were to MY KING, MY QUEEN and APOS

Raenn saunters up to the human girl eyes as cold as ice, her blood boils in her veins "You DARE disrespect me?"

Stix rests his hand on his weapon

Katlin: My Queen and King are dead, and Apos the only one that had a hold on me is weak

Raenn grabs her by the hair and throws her to her knees

Katlin falls to her knees hard

Raenn: Apos has made me your Queen, you will respect her desires or die!

Raenn: repent Child and your punishment shall be swift *glares down at her

Raenn spits "Beg girl!"

Katlin glares at the Dark Queen...."Apos has no power over me anymore, but I'm not a coward....I wont run and hide"

Stix draws his staff.

Rayiden: Your orders my Queen?

Raenn's suck in a breath through her teeth "Then you leave me no choice" *pulls the girls hair harder bringing her head back, a dagger appears in her hand gleaming in the candlelight with a swift movement she thrusts it into Katlin's throat and twists grunting with a satisfied smile, she throws the girl down simultaneously jerking the blade from her throat and shivers with pleasure

Katlin body shudders with the force of the blade, her life leaves her quickly

Raenn turns a gleam in her eye "dispose of this garbage, feed it to the Orcs"

Stix grabs the corpse by the hair and drags her from the cathedral.


And that was the end of Katlin, Dark Sage Ranger of Everwind. I was now a ghost, for length of 7 days of roleplay. Not a very good first day of being Second of the Ranger Guild, but it was my do-over *sighs*.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww... *sniff